<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://attachedtomyheart.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
{Attached} To My Heart: Mommy Funk.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mommy Funk.

Mommy funk. - a mother who feels stuck, depressed, and lack of self confidence.
   Well, that's what I think it means, and that's what I'm going through right now. The only person in my household who understand, is me.
   As a mother of two, I'm constantly busy, everyday is the exact same routine, somedays more louder than others.
(I basically explain my day here, feel free to skip over it!)
   I wake up, give the girls a bath, quickly round up dirty clothes trying to avoid stepping on the billion of toys scattered around. Get them dressed, sit them down for breakfast, get their food ready.
While they eat, I run around tidying up toys, then let the dogs out while making sure they have food and water. Tidy the girls up and give them both juice and a cartoon.
   Take last nights load of laundry out of the dryer, throw last nights load of wet clothes in the dryer. Throw a new load of clothes in the wash. Put clean clothes away. Take a 2 minute shower, wash face, brush teeth, dry off, put clean clothes on, brush out hair, put face cream on.
   Lunch time?! Already?!. make girls something to eat, feed them. Unload the dish washer and filling it back up with dishes laying around. Clean girls up, let them venture off. What's that?! I get a few minutes to check my stuff online while watching Ellen?. Sold!.
   Ellens over, change diapers, let dogs out again, dust house, clean bathrooms, empty trash. Girls scream and jump around, pulling and hugging onto my leg wanting me to play with them. So I play, secretly putting toys away neatly, but still playing with them of course.
   Supper?! Off to prepare supper, while trying to entertain them because you know...they're just "starving". Feed them supper, tidy the kitchen up, throw them in the bath again. Think about what happened on every kids show on TreeHouse that morning/afternoon. Let the dogs out, again. Put girls into pajamas and put on a movie in their room. Check my stuff online again, change diapers, back to laundry, check our mailbox.
  Bedtime?! check! now put the girls to sleep, and tidy up all the toys, mop floors, febreeze the place, have a bath, put pajamas on, watch some tv, enter giveaways (because you know, winning is always fun and a bonus to any day!), yawn, to bed I go....then start it ALL over, again.

   My day is even more hectic when we need to go shopping, or go to appointments!. Nothing is more funner than being stuck inside all day though //sarcasm, I wish I could take our girls to play groups, swimming, the playground, or anything whenever. Without a vehicle myself (hubby has the car and is at work usually), I get major cabin fever. I can't handle doing all these chores and being stuck inside all day, I wish I could drop everything and go to the gym and work on myself, or go out for almond milk kid free, just because I don't feel like bringing them.
   I hate getting ready every morning,trying to feel "pretty" and going through a billion outfits just to feel "good" about my body. When I'm finally ready, I'm just not happy about myself. I eat when I can, and it's not always good food, it's always the fast go to food. I try to eat as healthy as I can, and try to eat at the right times. I need to loose 50lbs, and it's not happening, of course I know it's not going to happen overnight. I don't live in the safest neighborhood, so I hate going for walks here. (could you believe some drunk man threw a beer bottle a mother pushing her child?! in the day time?!.) So that's out of the question, I just don't feel safe, and at the same time, I don't feel comfortable in my own home.
   I'm just in a mommy funk, and ranting. Any other mommas who are in a mommy funk out there to?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 31, 2012 at 6:56 PM , Blogger Mondays with Mac said...

I'm really sorry you are feeling this way. I hope the cabin fever lifts soon!

 
At February 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think you are very tired.
I have a little humor about someone in the 60's who went to visti someone who had 3 very active little boys. The boys wer playing cowboys and indians, as they did in those days. The boy shot the mom with thier guns. The mom dropped dead.the visitor got concerned after about five minutes. she shook the dead mom. "Are you ok?'
"Sh-h-h" the mom opend one eye."I'm fine. This is the only time I get to rest."
You will think of something to change things up abit and the mood hopefull wil lift. I 'l be thingk about you.
Malika

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home