<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://attachedtomyheart.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
{Attached} To My Heart: For the love of real almond milk.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

For the love of real almond milk.

Yesterday I posted a super basic easy recipe for Almond Milk...for those who want that quick glass of deliciousness....click HERE.

Today I'll show you how super easy it is to make your own nut milk.
All you need is some raw almonds and water.

I used 1 1/2 cup of almonds, and mixed it with 4.5 cups of water.
I believe the rule of thumb is 1 cup of almonds to 4 cups of water if you want to do it that way.
Soak them overnight, they should be nice and plump.
Mix them in a blender for about a minute or two.

Strain them into a jug using some cheesecloth, after it's done pouring,
take the cheesecloth with the chunks and squeeze all the milk out. 

TA DA. nut milk. It made about .5litre. I drank some before checking.
There's a variety of different ways you can drink it too.
- Add some cocoa powder for some chocolaty almondy milk.
- Blend a few raspberries and ice cubes for a sweet smoothie kind of drink
- Add some vanilla extract to make a sweet vanilla almond flavor.
- tsp of cinnamon or nutmeg...or both.
- add a banana to bring out flavor
- add 1tbs of amaretto syrup
- add nut milk along with some of the leftovers in the cheese cloth in a smoothie for a nutritional yummy drink!
...seriously the list could go on.
DON'T throw away the chunks of almond left in the cheesecloth
...instead do what I do, throw them in your baking! Here are some blueberry almond muffins;
They were delicious, the almonds kept the muffins so moist and added the perfect little crunchiness.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 7, 2011 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I totally didn't expect it to turn out milky, haha! I was looking at the top picture like, well that's going to be watery. Well. I might just have to try this!

 
At November 7, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It totally turns out milky hehe, it's very yummy, you can also use cashews! I plan to try it next. Remember it's usually 1 cup of almonds to 4 cups of water, ...I should of probably put that in the post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home