<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://attachedtomyheart.net

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
{Attached} To My Heart: i'm in a mommy funk.

Friday, April 15, 2011

i'm in a mommy funk.

i love my babies.

let me repeat that.

I LOVE MY BABIES.

but....

I am in a mommy funk.

I need a mommy break...

where I can do mommy things.

I do miss my girlfriends.

but that's what happens when you move...

you leave your OLD friends

and you're supposed to make NEW friends.

but...it's difficult, with kids

and a hubby who works everyday

and no vehicle, and no money.


I want to not have to do dishes, twice a day.

I want to not have to do laundry, daily

I want to not have to change diapers, all day

I want to not have to vaccum all the crumbs and peices of string...

and clean up ripped books and stuffing from toys.

I want to be able to walk down the tiny mall

and go to the little cafe for Root Beer Italian Soda,

and the little resteraunt for delicious Chinese Food.


but, I can't. I have a teething 7 month old

who does not leave my side.

she's currently flailing her arms as we type,

I say we, cause she keeps putting her input in...

and I keep backspacing it all...

and retyping my words.

then

a little girl whose in her terrible two's.

don't get in her way.

and whatever you do

do not tell her no.


I get ME time

at night...

when I am exhausted

to exhausted to do anything..

so its bedtime..

and I wake up

it all starts all over again.


I want to get my hair done, nails did.

tattoos, movies, girlfriend time.


and no, I am not saying I want to give up mommyhood

just to have fun...

I love my girls, and I love spending every moment with them

even if they're grumpalumpagus'

and cry lots

and yell lots

and stomp lots


I am just in a mommy funk, and feel trapped inside our home

and ready to get out!

to have ME time


what kind of things do you guys like to do for your ME time?


my good 30 minutes consist of

checking my stuff online

of course, entering giveaways,

cause I'm a junky.

and having a 10 minute bath!




1 Comments:

At April 15, 2011 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

You took the words from my mouth.
Plus I have college, we have our car, but the air is out and its in the 90's some days. (umm yeah, same shop did the air last year, but "it's fixed" riiiighhhht...)
I have a 9 page Research paper due tomorrow at midnight and the another of the same length due Monday night. I have four projects two lesson plans two powerpoints, and 5 finals to take in just 3 weeks. I'm beat.
I want me time too, darn it!
Too bad I have a tantrum throwing little one, and a little boy who likes to say NUU-UHH! to everything I tell him.
I hope it gets better for you!
Oh, and I have giveaways too, cause its a must!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home